In this episode: the value of time, what are you optimizing for, bold moves, increasing your kid’s odds for success, and balancing deprivation.
Because we have put so many leaders, members, and experts in our community on the hot seat here at ChooseFI, we figured it was finally time we played fair and put Brad on the hot seat himself! With the assistance of Aaron Lee, a longtime listener, friend, and host of “The Next Generation Leader Podcast,” we ask Brad all the burning questions related to his FI journey. If you’ve ever been curious how Brad discovered FI, what led Brad to begin his FI journey, or what lessons Brad learned along the way, listen along as we re-live the path that helped form this amazing community!
- Website: newgenerationleader.com
- Podcast: The New Generation Leader Podcast
- 1:10 – Introduction
- 3:12 – The Value of Time
- 8:18 – Balancing Deprivation And The Burden Of FI
- 11:31 – Brad’s Snowball Starter
- 16:13 – Brad’s Childhood FI Vision
- 22:31 – What Are You Optimizing For?
- 28:45 – Helping Your Kids Increase Their Odds For Success
- 40:27 – All Of Us Are Working On Something
- 46:08 – Brads Bold Move Update
- 54:40 – What Else Fascinates Brad?
- 59:29 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- Year End Wins 2022 | ChooseFI Ep 417
- “Die With Zero: Getting All You Can from Your Money and Your Life” by Bill Perkins
- The Peter Attia Drive, Episode #237 ‒ Optimizing life for maximum fulfillment | Bill Perkins
- All The Hacks | Die With Zero: Net Fulfillment Over Net Worth
- The Tail End
- [email protected] for questions
- “David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants” by Malcolm Gladwell
- Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Letters
- Your Bold Move for 2023 | Dominick Quartuccio | Ep 419
- Peter Attia & Beth Lewis on Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS)
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance