In this episode: house hacking, benefits and compensation packages, earning extra income and side hustles, and not setting perfection as your goal.
We know achieving FI doesn’t happen overnight, and rarely does it happen perfectly according to plan. Life happens, changes happen, and uncertainty usually finds a way to throw you off your planned path. This shouldn’t be something to fear! Today in the Households of FI series we are joined again by Zach to fill us in on how his FI journey has progressed over the last couple years, as well as to discuss the importance of re-adjustment! While failure is never an easy thing to accept, the fear of failing may deprive you of some excellent learning opportunities. By remaining intentional with your FI plan rather than striving for perfection, you will allow yourself to overcome uncomfortable lulls and expand your journey to places you might not have thought were possible!
- 1:51 – Introductions
- 4:45 – Zach and Marilyn Update
- 7:16 – House Hacking and Limiting Expenses
- 13:30 – Life is Lumpy, Perfection Isn’t The Goal
- 21:39 – Examining The Whole Compensation Package
- 31:40 – Earning Extra Income
- 40:15 – Zach’s 6 Year Path To FI
- 46:21 – If You Weren’t Afraid, What Would You Do?
- 53:15 – Being Open to Exploring
- 56:53 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- Households of FI-Zach and Marilyn Talk Real Estate Investing With Paula Pant | ChooseFI Ep 247
- Discovering the Power of FU Money | ChooseFI Ep 321
- Side Hustle Nation
- “$1,000 100 Ways: How Real People Make Real Money on the Side (and how you can too)” by Nick Loper
- The Unfair (FI) Advantage Of Teachers | 457b | ChooseFI Ep. 13
- Early Retirement Now
- “The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich” by Tim Ferriss
- Subscribe To The FI Weekly!