In this episode: the 2.5 million dollar inversion, looking at the incentives, interest rates, your biggest asset, and potshots.
When you begin your FI journey, you may feel like you must follow a particular path or plan in order to achieve your desired outcome. However, the longer you are on this journey the more you realize that it is a personal one that requires adaptability when so many factors can affect your bottom line. This week we are back with Scott Trench from BiggerPockets as he shares his insights on investing and looking at your portfolio from an “outset” perspective, as well as touching on the state of the real estate market. It is important to remember that there is a lot of push and pull on this journey, and it is not meant to be perfect. While you may have expectations for your portfolio and your long-term plans, there will be times when you will have to make tradeoffs. Just as the market change may signal uncertainties, remember that flexibility while maintaining your long-term goals will allow you to feel more equipped to move through these times.
- Website: BiggerPockets
- Podcast: The BiggerPockets Money Podcast
- Instagram: @scott_trench
- 0:57 – Introduction
- 2:05 – The 2.5 Million Dollar Inversion
- 8:52 – Always Look At The Incentives
- 12:49 – The Traditional Path To FI And PotShots
- 17:45 – Your Biggest Asset/Should You Be Inefficient?
- 25:52 – Executing The Concept
- 31:12 – The Impact Of Interest Rates Today
- 42:21 – The Commercial Impact
- 52:10 – Buying Properties With Cash
- 56:21 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- Scott Trench | Set For Life | ChooseFI Ep 63
- First-Time Home Buyer | BiggerPockets | ChooseFI Ep 312
- “Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!” by Robert Kiyosaki
- Mr. Money Mustache on Life After FI: The Truth About Retiring Early in Your 30s
- BiggerPockets Rental Property Calculator
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance