In this episode: college hacking, career hacking, the power of starting early, trade jobs, and salesforce careers.
How many times in the past have you been listening to this podcast and thought, “I wish I knew about this when I was younger.” Well today’s guest Zach actually had the foresight to start using the lessons he learned from this podcast at the ripe age of 18, and the results may be envy inducing! It’s worth noting that not starting your FI journey at the age of 18 doesn’t discredit you from a happy and financially independent life. But it’s also worth noting that the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll be able to reap the rewards, so start today!
- 1:08 – Introduction and Zach’s E-Mail
- 3:03 – What were you looking for when you found the FI community?
- 5:43 – Dual Enrollment
- 15:06 – Evaluating Your Education Options and Expenses
- 22:29 – Military Service and College Education
- 26:39 – First Job Out of College and Trade Jobs
- 35:05 – 20 Years Old, $65,000 Yearly Salary, No Debt, What Next?
- 37:04 – The Power of Starting Early
- 42:26 – Zach’s Career Change
- 53:31 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
- Virginia’s Community Colleges
- Miss Excel
- From Pandemic Layoff to $100k+ | A Salesforce Success Story |EP 297
- Free Salesforce 5-Day Challenge
- Salesforce: A Lucrative Career and No Degree or Tech Background Needed
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cell phone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile