In this week’s episode, Brad and Jonathan discuss different guidelines that can help ensure your mortgage won’t infringe on your FI goals!
Becoming a homeowner doesn’t have to mean the collapse of your own financial stability! By planning ahead and working within your personal limitations, your journey to a happy, healthy, and simple life can continue unabated! Listen along to see if the common-sense guidelines mentioned can be beneficial to your situation!
- 1:02 – Introductions
- 3:01 – Insufficient Funds
- 11:55 – Tackling Overdraws
- 19:21 – What Can You Really Afford?
- 26:36 – The Bracket Breakdown
- 31:13 – FI-ifying Your Budget
- 35:13 – The Payment Breakdown
- 45:53 – Working The Table
- 53:46 – Mortgage Factors
- 57:30 – Make The Best Decision For YOU
- 68:43 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Conversation
- Can I Get An Extension, Please? | ChooseFI Ep 372
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
- The Happy Philosopher
- Chad Carson
- Paula Pant
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cellphone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile