What You'll Get Out Of Today's Show
- Like many people, Brad once had a debilitating fear of public speaking. Through personal growth and overcoming limiting beliefs, he's now more comfortable speaking to large groups. He finds he even thrives with some public speaking events, such as the ChooseFI Facebook live events, which last Saturday, drew an audience of 6,000.
- We can all lean in, look for what we are uniquely good at, and continue working to improve our strengths.
- Using the ChooseFI podcast as an example, Jonathan was skilled at coming up with the framework for each episode, while Brad's strength has been to consider the discussion from a beginner's mindset and ask clarifying questions.
- It was through the repetition of having conversations on the podcast that enabled Brad to become more comfortable with public speaking.
- The first session of the Simple Startup Summer Camp started this week, but there is still space available in the 2nd session! The $80 cost includes the cost of the workbook.
- Being able to craft a compelling story about yourself is a skill that makes you stand out from the crowd. It is a priceless skillset applicable to college applications, scholarships, internships, and more.
- Since its launch in January, more than 8,000 students have enrolled in the free FI101 course! Positive feedback from students includes 63% who have stated it has increased their ability to talk with their spouse about money and 33% who said they've increased their monthly savings by greater than $400 a month.
Resources Mentioned In Today's Conversation
- The Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins
- Dominick Quartuccio's The Great Man Within Podcast
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain Also available as an audiobook! Play for free with a 30-day trial from Audiobooks.com.
- Personal Capital
- CIT Bank
- Register for the 2nd session of the Simple Startup Summer Camp!
- Sign up for the ChooseFI International Foundation's FREE financial independence course, FI101