“Personal finance is becoming financial independence.” Financial independence doesn’t necessarily mean retiring early; it means allocating your resources in the way you see fit.
This is just a taste of what we discuss in this recap from Monday’s interview with Brian Feroldi from The Motley Fool.
- Jonathan talks about blowing his budget on breakfast at the cold bar in Wegman’s, while Brad thinks that grocery shopping at Wegman’s is the same cost as Walmart.
- Brad talks about meeting strangers who also in the FI community.
- Brad and Jonathan wonder if financial independence is on the edge of mainstream adoption?
- “Personal finance is becoming financial independence.”
- Financial independence doesn’t necessarily mean retiring early; it means allocating your resources in the way you see fit.
- Review of Monday’s episode with Brian Feroldi, about individual stock investment.
- Do Brad and Jonathan own individual stocks?
- What are the challenges to getting started with individual stocks?
- Are individual stocks better as a hobby?
- What are the strengths of the way Brian described investing in individual stocks?
- A comment from Ray, in the ChooseFI community, that individual stocks requires too much individual management.
- Cody wonders whether the current bull market might be playing in favor of individual investors, without having yet felt the consequence of the inherent risk?
- How does Jackie, another ChooseFI community member, evaluate investment opportunities, and how did she get comfortable making investment decisions?
- Tim reiterates the value of the Motley Fool, and the recommendations they make.
- Frank, another community member, is concerned about a new investor’s learning curve: the time and money it takes to learn enough about individual investing to find success.
- Is it possible to recognize large-scale Enron-type fraud by looking at investment research?
- If you hold stocks from companies in similar fields, would it be better to simply hold a sector index stock?
- Mr. 1500, Karl, worries about long-term investing with individual stocks.
- Knowing when to sell individual stocks is an almost impossible task.
- How are Brad and Brian getting their children started with investing?
- How much did the ChooseFI community respond to the Treehouse scholarship proposal?
- How can ChooseFI potentially connect students to mentors?
Links mentioned in today’s show:
Thank you for being a part of the ChooseFI community! ? If you want to support us, here are some easy ways:
1) Leave an iTunes review: http://www.choosefi.com/itunes
2) Use our page to sign up for travel credit cards
Note: We may receive a commission if you are approved for cards on this page
3) Most importantly, find your friends, coworkers, and family members who may be open to this message and tell them about the podcast! (Episode 21 is a great starting place)
As Jonathan would say, “The FIRE is spreading my friends!”