In this episode: changing your mindset, starting FI at 50, the pros and cons of starting late, and facing your faults.
We always say on this show that FI is for everyone, but our guests Becky Heptig and Bill Yount really embody this message. As hosts of the “Catching Up to FI” podcast, Becky and Bill are a fantastic resource for those who have found FI later in life and still would like to give it a go despite the delayed start! While FI looks different for everyone and can be influenced by when you start, we agree with Bill and Becky in saying becoming intentional with your finances is always a positive decision, no matter when you do it in life. Although your path may look different from those who started earlier, you would still be taking steps to better your life inside and around your finances. Perfection isn’t the goal, improvement is what we strive for, and a positive step is still a step in the right direction!
Becky Heptig & Bill Yount:
- 1:10 – Introduction
- 4:29 – Changing Your Mindset and Facing Your Faults
- 14:32 – Taking Late Action
- 21:34 – Getting Stuck and Overcoming It
- 24:28 – Starting FI at 50
- 33:25 – Is It Ever Too Late To Start FI?
- 40:00 – The Pros and Cons of Starting Late
- 44:45 – The Growth of Those Catching Up to FI
- 48:22 – Conclusion