In this episode: what sparks goals, what are you optimizing, valuing your time, and money prioritization.
Sometimes on the journey to FI, we ask ourselves the following; do I really need to spend money on this? Do I really have the time and resources for that? These questions may be easy to dismiss by saying no in order to stay on track with your financial goals, but by dismissing them, you could be missing out on something that is beneficial to your personal journey! This week we are joined by friend of the podcast, Chris Hutchins, to talk about the hacks for optimizing your life, the differences between cheapness and frugality, and the importance of valuing your time and what it can lead to. Saving money is an important part of achieving FI, but you should never feel so restricted that you miss out on investing your time and money in things that bring joy and value into your life. While saving is important, it’s okay to spend money. Whether it’s on a trip or investing in something new, there are ways to make it work without feeling guilt or shame. Prioritizing and valuing your time can introduce new experiences and provide happiness as well as perspective while on this journey!
- Website: allthehacks.com
- Podcast: All The Hacks
- 2:27 – Introductions
- 6:12 – Full-Time Podcasting
- 11:44 – What Sparks Our Goals
- 18:35 – What Are You Optimizing For?
- 23:36 – Managing Your Own Money
- 31:28 – Money Prioritization
- 39:03 – Valuing Time
- 50:53 – Real Estate Investing And Complexity
- 58:23 – The Once A Year Review
- 65:28 – Prioritizing Health
- 75:23 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- [email protected]
- Die With Zero: Net Fulfillment Over Net Worth | All The Hacks
- Buy Back Your Time: Get Unstuck, Increase Productivity and Live the Life You Want | All The Hacks
- Playing With FIRE
- The Drive With Peter Attia
- Your Bold Move for 2023 | Dominick Quartuccio | ChooseFI Ep 419
- Top Ways to Make This Year Amazing and Seven Simple Questions for Your Annual Review | All The Hacks
- My First Million
- Using an Investing Checklist to Improve your Portfolio | All The Hacks
- Delete Me
- Fancy Hands
- Eat Healthy and Save Money with the Laura Barrett Cookbook
- The 1% Rule in Real Estate: Is This a Realistic Way to Evaluate Rentals?
- House FIRE | ChooseFI Ep 414
- Rocket Money
- Peter Attia DNS
- Huberman Lab Podcast
- Optimizing Your Health: Diagnostic Tests, Choosing a Doctor, Sleep, Longevity, Inflammation and More | All The Hacks
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance