In this episode: the value of a door, the hour FIRE method, tax breaks, focusing on income, and return on hassle.
Many of our listeners have tuned in to hear our guests discuss the real estate market, mortgages, and taxes related to obtaining property. However, many of us on the road to FI may not realize how scaling your properties can act as a mutual fund-like portfolio. On this week’s episode, we are joined by our new in-house real estate expert, author, and podcaster, Alan Corey. Alan sheds light on what expanding your real estate portfolio can look like from a larger standpoint, and how approaching investment from a spreadsheet rather than a lifestyle point of view can ultimately offer greater returns in the long run. While we know many listeners may be apprehensive to consider investing in multiple or larger real estate properties, or how this may not seem like a feasible option, this episode is available to you to educate and offer the mental framework on how to approach real estate in a way that it can be achievable!
- Website: realestatemaxi.com
- Podcast: Real Estate Maximalist
- Book: House FIRE: How to Be a Red–Hot Real Estate Millionaire with a Wealth of Time and Money
- 1:57 – Introduction
- 2:48 – The Value Of A “Door” And The Business Behind It
- 8:21 – Navigating The Sea Of Options
- 16:35 – Reducing Vacancy Impact/Maximizing Potential
- 23:37 – Tax Breaks
- 29:54 – The House FIRE Method
- 39:33 – Focusing On Income
- 49:59 – Selling 50 Doors
- 61:19 – Return On Hassle/Million Dollar Value Properties
- 67:50 – Conclusion