In this episode: evolution, knowing the rules, making purposeful decisions, automation, and the return of the hot seat!
In the advent of making money, oftentimes we can find ourselves torn between a state of over saving through budgeting and cutting expenses, and over spending just because we have the means to. But is that what we’re really looking for in our respective FI journeys? With thoughtful planning and proper action, maybe we can find a happy medium between the two that doesn’t feel over invasive. Today we’re joined by Bo Loy to discuss the concepts of finding adventures that don’t break the bank, purposeful decision making, and the perks of automating your money. Also, we heard your feedback! Back by popular demand this week, Bo Loy will be answering questions in our freshly renewed segment, The Hot Seat!
- 1:26 – Introduction
- 2:23 – Evolution and Perspective
- 9:12 – It All Adds Up
- 14:22 – Reviewing, Insurance, and HSA
- 24:11 – Knowing the Rules
- 32:00 – Tax Loss Harvesting
- 37:45 – Making Purposeful Decisions
- 44:02 – Finding Free Adventures
- 49:01 – Automation
- 66:17 – The Hot Seat Returns
- 79:10 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode
- Early Retirement Extreme
- Mr Money Mustache
- HSA – The Ultimate Retirement Account in 2022
- Go Curry Cracker | Capital Gains, Losses and The Roth Conversion Ladder | ChooseFI Ep 18
- A Second Generation FI Case Study | Cody Berman FlytoFI | ChooseFI Ep 83
- All The Hacks
- The High Cost Of Living Path To FI | ChooseFI Ep 41
- JL Collins
- Brian Feroldi
- Check Out ChooseFI On Facebook
- Find Your Local Group!
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cell phone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile