In this week’s episode, Brad and Jonathan unpack the problems that lie within modern retirement calculations and provide examples of how you can work around these flaws. As opposed to focusing on income, maybe it is better to learn how much our lives cost us. Expenses appear and disappear as life goes on, it is important to factor that in to your FI number!
- 1:01 – Introductions
- 2:00 – Listener Feedback, Permaculture, and Libraries
- 6:55 – Annual Expenses
- 14:08 – The Retirement Smile
- 16:53 – Addressing That FI Number
- 22:21 – The Pile of Cash
- 30:45 – Upcoming Events!
- 32:07 – Major Purchases For Those Entering The Workforce
- 41:40- Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Conversation
- Subscribe to the FI Weekly!
- The Art of Frugal Hedonism
- Root of Good
- JL Collins
- Early Retirement Now
- Flexible Spending Rules For Early Retirees | ChooseFI Episode 176
- Camp FI
- Find Your Local ChooseFI Group Today!
- Join ChooseFI’s Facebook Group!
- Risk Parity Radio
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new sidehustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cellphone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile