In this week’s episode, Brad and Jonathan are joined by Sean Mullaney to get a jump start on 2021’s tax planning season. Together, they discuss managing Backdoor Roth IRAs before the 12/31 deadline, changes to the relevant tax regulations, amended returns, solo 401k’s for contractors and entrepreneurs, and so much more! Listen along to see if any of the information shared can be applicable to your own tax planning this season!
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Conversation
- Subscribe to the FI Weekly!
- The Backdoor Roth IRA and December 31st
- IRS Instructions for Form 8606
- White Coat Investor’s Backdoor Roth IRA Tutorial
- Solo 401ks, SEP IRA’s, and the 2021 Stimulus
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new sidehustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cellphone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile
As always, the discussion is general and educational in nature and does not constitute tax, investment, legal, or financial advice with respect to any particular individual or taxpayer. Please consult your own advisors regarding your own unique situation. Sean Mullaney and ChooseFI Publishing are currently under contract to publish a book authored by Sean Mullaney.