Chicken TetrazziniCourse: Recipe
The original recipe is from a good friend’s mother and we’ve made it for years!
8 oz uncooked linguine
3 TBS butter
3 TBS ﬂour
1/2 TSP lemon-pepper seasoning
1, 14 oz can chicken broth (or almost 2 cups homemade/bouillon broth)
1/2 cup half & half
2 TBS dry sherry, optional (if you have it on hand, go for it; if not, probably not worth buying just for this)
2 cups cooked chicken
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- For the topping:
2 TBS butter
1/3 cup bread crumbs
2 TBS grated parmesan
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13×9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook linguine as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, melt 3 TBS butter over medium heat. Stir in ﬂour and lemon-pepper seasoning. Stir in broth; heat the boiling, stirring. Stir in half & half, sherry (if using), chicken & peas.
- Drain linguine; place in 13×9 baking dish. Pour sauce / chicken mixture over linguine; toss to mix.
- In small bowl, mix 2 TBS melted butter and the bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of the tetrazzini. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until mixture is hot and toping is golden brown.
Total Cost of meal
- 8 oz linguine = $0.50
Half & half= $0.50
2 cups leftover cooked chicken= $1.50
Frozen peas= $.50
Bread crumbs, parmesan cheese= $0.75
Butter, flour, broth, spices = $1
Total Cost for 4 Meals: $4.75