In this episode: spiritual bypassing, curiosity, fear, well-being, inflection points, and what the body stores.
This week we are joined once more by Cory Muscara to discuss the benefits of practicing mindfulness while embarking on the FI journey, the concept of spiritual bypassing, and the positive benefits that come from being present. An essential part of the FI journey is learning to take actionable steps to better your life, and a significant amount of this requires introspection and honest reflection on where you are in your life. The practice of meditation, reflection, and intentional living, allows you to recognize patterns that harm you or keep you from enjoying life in the present. While working through anxiety can be uncomfortable, practicing mindfulness can be the vehicle to move you from discomfort to a place of control and confidence in your life. So while you may be putting all your mental energy into reaching your FI goals, remember that getting to the finish line is not what this journey is about, but rather the positive effects that come from taking control of your life and learning how to be present!
- To join Cory’s daily text list text “choosefi” to 631-305-2874
- Website: Practicing Human
- Book: “Stop Missing Your Life: How to be Deeply Present in an Un-Present World”
- Instagram: @corymuscara
- 1:56 – Introduction
- 2:34 – The Cost of Relocation
- 6:28 – The Danger Of Spiritual Bypassing Through FI
- 16:52 – Curiosity and Fear
- 27:22 – What The Body Stores
- 33:18 – Money and Wellbeing/Inflection Points
- 40:46 – Taking Control and Following The Thread
- 48:12 – Conclusion