In this episode: it’s not easy it’s simple, the flywheel, being consistent, skilling up, the gift of time, and what money can provide.
This week we are joined by founder and creator of ConvertKit, Nathan Barry to discuss his entrepreneurial journey and how the fundamentals of FI helped drive him to create and build a successful business. We often discuss the importance of skill stacking when on the journey to FI, but we sometimes forget to touch on the trial and error that comes with learning and creating something new for ourselves. While you can’t expect to start something new and face little to no challenges, this leaves more opportunities for personal growth and important lessons! So whether it’s learning a new side hustle or starting a business, it’s important to remember that you may not always know how to do something perfect when you begin. You should not count yourself out or give up when you don’t see instant results, but instead reach out to new communities and take the lessons in stride! Though it takes time and effort, it’s worth it!
- 1:23 – Introduction
- 3:24 – Nathan and FI
- 15:56 – Not Burning the Boats
- 22:26 – It’s Not Easy, But It’s Simple/Unique Messengers
- 33:00 – Being Consistent, Showing Up, and Skilling Up
- 44:22 – The Flywheel
- 58:01 – What Money Can Provide/The Gift of Time
- 70:16 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- Mr. Money Mustache
- Physician on FIRE
- “The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future” By Chris Guillebeau
- “Die With Zero: Getting All You Can from Your Money and Your Life” by Bill Perkins
- The Tail End
- School of Greatness Podcast
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and FI Resources:
- Earn $1,050 or More With These 3 Cash Back Cards
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Find a new side hustle with one of our Educational Courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance