In this episode: functionality with numbers, the rule of 72, decision making, free roles, and tilting the odds in your favor!
Setting yourself up for success is one of the FI community’s main ideals, but what is the best way to go about doing that? Well, to put it simply, math. While the mention of math may be enough to put some people off entirely, what if we told you basic math could be enough to prime yourself up for success? Simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division when applied right can have a huge impact on your personal finances! Listen along and see if there are any ways you could apply basic math into your own decision making going forward!
- 1:00 – Introduction and Functional Numbers
- 2:47 – Rule of 72
- 7:44 – Math is Rad!
- 11:27 – Math and Opportunity Costs
- 18:38 – Decision Making
- 26:03 – Free Roles
- 33:54 – Credit Card Costs
- 39:52 – Hunting for Win-Wins
- 44:39 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode
- The Tim Ferris Show Episode #604
- Edward O. Thorpe
- How To Decide With Annie Duke | ChooseFI Ep 262
- “Thinking in Bets” by Annie Duke
- Risk Parity Radio
- The Simple Path to Wealth
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cell phone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile