- 2 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- Salt & pepper
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz bag spinach
- 4 oz ditalini pasta about ¾ cup
- Preheat the broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Combine the ground turkey, ricotta, pesto, parmesan ½ tsp salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Mix with your hands until just combined. Form into 30-40 small meatballs (about 1 tablespoon each); transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Broil until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and ½ tsp salt. Cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, 2 cups water, the spinach and pasta. Cover and bring to a boil, then partially uncover and reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and simmer, uncovered, until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in soup bowls, top with parmesan cheese, if desired, and enjoy!
- 2 lb ground turkey = $6
- Ricotta cheese = $0.75
- Store bought pesto = $1
- 8 oz bag spinach = $2
- Pasta = $0.40
- Onion, garlic, parmesan cheese = $1