Bacon-Wrapped Cream Cheese ChickenCourse: Recipe
This recipe is from the Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff cookbook. It was something different so we gave it a try and really liked it. You can serve this with anything you want on the side: rice, noodles, veggies, a big salad, etc. Image from sixsistersstuff.com
1 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breasts, sliced so that you have 6 very thin pieces, pounded
Salt and pepper, to taste
1, 7.5 oz carton chive & onion cream cheese spread
6 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a broiler-safe 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare your chicken breasts. Slice so that they are ¼ inch thick and then pound them. Season with salt and pepper. Spread 1-2 tablespoons cream cheese spread over each chicken breast.
- Roll up each chicken breast and then wrap or roll a piece of bacon around it. Secure with a toothpick, if necessary, and lay seam-side down in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, turning chicken over after 20 minutes. Adjust oven temperature and broil on high 2-5 minutes on each side until bacon becomes crisp. Be careful when broiling, as things can burn very quickly! Enjoy!
Total Cost of meal
- 1.5 lb chicken breast = $3
Cream cheese = $1.30
6 slices bacon = $2
Total cost of 4 meals = $6.30