In this week’s episode, Brad and Jonathan discuss the benefits of slightly diverting from the FI mindset and spending more on meaningful purchases. While splurging can be a slippery slope, calculated splurging can yield large returns in terms of enjoyment, opportunity, and time!
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Conversation
- Opt Out Prescreen
- FI Weekly: May 11,2021
- ChooseFI Episode 076: Planned Spontaneity with Mrs. Adventure Rich
- ChooseFI Episode 048: The Happy Philosopher | The Happiest Man in the Room
- ChooseFI Episode 337: Ordinary Sherpa with Heidi Dusek
- Find Your Local ChooseFI Group!
- Follow Brad on Twitter!
- Follow ChooseFI on Twitter!
- TurboTax TaxCaster
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new sidehustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cellphone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile