In this week’s episode, Brad and Jonathan question the notion of needing to escape from your life. While we all get tired of the mundane nuances that life throws at us, we often escape these constrictions by frivolously spending money during the hours in which we own our time. Taking a break isn’t the worst thing on earth obviously, but reclaiming our time and spending it with who or what we love can help erase the feeling of needing to escape from the world! Take a look outside, it doesn’t look too bad right?
- 1:26- 8:28 | Introductions and Super Bowl Commercial Discussion
- 8:28- 10:13 | Facebook Discussion
- 10:13- 11:47 | What If You Didn’t Need To Escape?
- 11:47-14:26 | The Look Outside Test
- 14:26- 23:20 | How We Escape
- 23:20-32:05 | Compounding Healthy Hobbies
- 32:05-41:55 | A Life Without The Need For Escaping
- 41:55-43:43 | Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Conversation
- “Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World–and Why Things Are Better Than You Think” by Hans Rosling, Anna Rosling Ronnlund, and Ola Rosling
- “Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence” by Vicki Robin, Joe Dominguez, and Mr. Money Mustache
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new sidehustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cellphone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile