Topics in this episode include lifestyle design, coast fi, slow fi, and aligning your interest with your career!
Sometimes it can be hard to separate what you do for a living from who you are as a person. Also, financial situations and limited resources can make you feel stuck living a life that doesn’t align with your interests and values. But fear not for this is a cycle that can be broken! Listen along as Lauren from “The Fioneers” joins the show and walks through steps you can take to potentially unlock some more freedom in your life!
- Website: The Fioneers
- Coaching: Design A Life You Love
- Twitter: @TheFioneers
- Instagram: Thefioneers
- Facebook: Slow FI Enthusiasts
- 1:04 – Introductions
- 1:56 – Jessica Update
- 5:23 – What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?
- 12:03 – Identity and Career
- 18:35 – Slow FI and Coast FI
- 27:12 – It’s Not Set In Stone
- 32:44 – Fear and Creating The Life You Want
- 41:38 – From Passion to Career
- 45:05 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Conversation
- Managing Stress by Leveraging FI | The Fioneers | Ep 229
- A Deep Dive into Lifestyle Design
- Coast FI vs. Slow FI: What’s the Difference?
- You are Not Your Work: How to Reclaim Your Identity
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new sidehustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cellphone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile