In this episode: Travel Rewards, Credit Cards, and The Value of Rewards Points.
We all know that it can be expensive to travel, and sometimes the joy and excitement of taking that long-awaited family vacation can be overshadowed by the cost of taking the trip. But what if there was a more efficient way to travel that doesn’t feel like you are breaking the bank? Well, with planning and the right tools this is entirely possible! This week we are once again joined by Lyn Mettler who will discuss maximizing your spending in a way that does not deprive you, but rather rewards you!
Check Out Lyn’s Free eBook How to Earn the Southwest Companion Pass!
- 1:30 – Introduction
- 3:50 – Credit Cards
- 7:50 – The Value of Points
- 16:53 – Two-Player Mode and The 5-24 Rule
- 20:35 – Where to Start With Travel Rewards
- 25:03 – Limitations and Strategy
- 31:33 – Why This Works With FI
- 33:31 – The State of Travel Part 1
- 37:15 – Award Charts and Wiggle Room
- 41:28 – Points and Hotels
- 48:25 – The State of Travel Part 2
- 50:31 – The Booking Order
- 58:44 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card Review
- ChooseFI’s List of Travel Rewards Cards
- Travel Rewards: How To Travel The World For Almost Free (The Easy Way) | ChooseFI Ep 9
- Travel Rewards What Comes After Chase | Travel To Disney World For Nearly Free | ChooseFI Ep 31
- Travel Rewards | Marla Taner | ChooseFI Ep 77
- Families Fly Free | ChooseFI Ep 353
- David’s Vacation Club
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cell phone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile