- 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 package extra-firm tofu 14 oz package, pat dry, and cut into ½ inch cubes
- Kosher salt
- 2 medium onions coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup red curry paste
- 3 large zucchini cut into ½ inch pieces
- 8 oz. green beans trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk 13.5 oz can
- 2 cups rice cooked
- Lime wedges, cilantro leaves with tender stems, and coarsely chopped salted, roasted peanuts (for serving)
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium-high. Add tofu in a single layer and cook, turning over once, until cooked sides are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Season with kosher salt.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large pot or high-sided skillet over medium-high. Add onions and a generous pinch of salt and stir to coat. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste and cook, stirring often, until darkened in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, eggplant, and green beans and cook, tossing to coat, until vegetables are softened and starting to brown in spots, 5–7 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and ½ cup water and bring to a simmer.
- Add tofu to pot and stir gently to combine. Cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Season with more salt if needed.
- Divide curry among bowls and add a generous squeeze of lime juice to each. Top with cilantro and peanuts and serve immediately.