In this episode: tackling the big issues, the everywhere effect, change and discomfort, and getting the most from what you have.
On this Podcast in recent months, we have made a point to highlight the fact that FI isn’t about deprivation. While we do think making a few cuts in some areas is a good thing, we believe in that idea because it acts as a means to an end, with the endpoint being living the most fulfilling life available to you. So how is it possible to deprive ourselves in a manner that doesn’t leave us feeling deprived? Well, we have to skill up our spending abilities.! This week we have Mr. Money Mustache on the podcast to discuss the skill of spending and how to approach utilizing your resources to ensure your own happiness and well-being. Make cuts in your life where there is a lack of purpose so you can level up areas of importance and passion!
Mr. Money Mustache:
- Website: mrmoneymustache.com
- 0:51 – Introduction
- 4:15 – The Power Of Spending With Less Income
- 9:24 – Tackling The Big Issues First
- 17:06 – Change and Discomfort
- 19:55 – The Everywhere Effect
- 28:06 – The Power Of Community
- 31:45 – Getting The Most From What You Have
- 40:23 – Cost VS Comfort, Wheres The Line?
- 45:34 – Early Cutting Is Essential
- 50:53 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- Mr. Money Mustache on Life After FI: The Truth About Retiring Early in Your 30s
- The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement
- How to Go from Middle-Class to Kickass
- The California Effect
- Afford Anything With Paula Pant
- FIRE Dating
- “Die With Zero” By Bill Perkins
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance