In this episode learn about college hacking, college credits for less, ACE courses, CLEP exams, and the most cost efficient bachelors degree.
A college education may be the most daunting expense members of the FI community have on their horizon. As we all know by now, the cost of modern higher education has skyrocketed and has shown virtually no signs of decreasing or even leveling off! However Gerry Born, also know as the Millionaire Educator, may have found a way to reduce the overall cost of said education while still retaining the aspect of freedom we in FI community hold so dearly. Listen along to see if this alternative path to a college degree could be applicable towards you or your loved one’s futures!
- 1:11 – Introduction
- 2:44 – The “College Experience”
- 6:55 – CLEP Tests
- 11:17 – Spending Credits
- 21:15 – The Cost Effective Option
- 25:35 – ACE Courses
- 28:48 – The Credit Stacking Experience
- 37:12 – Pairing This Methodology with the Classic College Experience
- 41:04 – The Most Optimized Bachelors Degree
- 47:32 – Using College to Learn Your Craft
- 52:53 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode
- How To Test Out of College While You’re Still In High School | Millionaire Educator | ChooseFI Ep 238
- Sophia Learning
- Modern States
- Sophia Learning’s Partners
- A $7,500 College Degree in 12 Months?
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cell phone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile