In this episode: marginal gains, prioritizing your present, purposeful living, impacting others, and goal setting.
Whether you like it or not we all will eventually die someday, and when that time comes the last thing we want to do is to look back on our lives with regret. Oftentimes in life we let expectations, outside obligations, and future ambition rule over us in the present, without fully realizing we could be living our dream life in the present! Nobody understands this more than former hospice doctor Jordan Grumet (aka Doc G) who comes back to the show to discuss the importance of finding meaning in the way we approach our goals, and how becoming more intentional and present could lead to a more fulfilling and purposeful life!
Jordan “Doc G” Grumet
- Website: jordangrumet.com
- Book: Taking Stock: A Hospice Doctor’s Advice on Financial Independence, Building Wealth, and Living a Regret-Free Life
- Podcast: Earn & Invest
- Blog: DiverseFI
- 1:27 – Introductions
- 2:30 – Sam’s Story
- 6:29 – It’s Not Bout The Goals, It’s about The Processes
- 14:23 – Marginal Gains
- 17:33 – Prioritizing Yourself
- 23:24 – Your The Star of Your Own Story
- 27:20 – Making Ripples and Impacting Others
- 35:24 – What Would You Do if Money Wasn’t an Issue?
- 41:36 – Money is a Tool and Measuring Friction
- 50:15 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode
- Real Estate & Financial Independence Podcast with Coach Carson
- Ordinary Sherpa
- “Die With Zero” by Bill Perkins
- JL Collins
- “The Tail End” by Tim Urban
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cell phone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile