In this episode: finding mentors, the superpower of making less, traveling while making less, rental properties, and the one percent rule.
For some who begin the FI journey, it’s about doing all they can to reach that FI number, but for many people, the journey to FI is about the people you meet and learn from along the way! On this week’s episode, we are joined by longtime listener Kelly Cronin to discuss the importance of mentorship, her interesting take that gives a new meaning to traveling while working, and the importance of pursuing what drives you and leads to a life filled with intentionality. In Kelly’s case, a passion for travel lead to a fascinating side-hustle that affords her the opportunity to make money while seeing the world, who knows where a passion could end up leading you?
- 1:55 – Introduction
- 3:11 – Kelly’s Early Financial Influence
- 6:45 – Finding Mentors
- 9:02 – The Superpower of Making Less
- 15:26 – Traveling While Making Less
- 21:09 – Rental Properties
- 29:54 – The Mechanics of Acquiring Rental Properties
- 34:23 – The 1% Rule
- 41:32 – Running The Numbers
- 46:50 – How Is Kelly Marketing This?
- 55:46 – The FI Aspect, How Does This Intersect With Your Job?
- 64:20 – Where Do You Go From Here?
- 65:37 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- Travel Rewards: How To Travel The World For Almost Free (The Easy Way) | ChooseFI Ep 9
- Peter Attia
- Huberman Lab
- Alignment & Adjustments | Scott & Taylor Rieckens | ChooseFI Ep 403
- Intuit Mint
- The BiggerPockets Money Podcast
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance