In this episode: taxes, the Secure Act 2.0, the best news, Roths, 529’s, catch-up contributions, and the new options you have.
On December 29th, 2022, Joe Biden signed the Secure 2.0 Act into law. As this law may have ramifications on your retirement tax planning, to stay ahead of the curve we decided to have The FI Tax Guy Sean Mullaney back on the show to discuss what this law is and ways one may be able to approach and utilize it going forward with there retirement planning. While laws and regulations may change, staying prepared and aware can keep us worry-free as we prepare for the tail end of our FI journey!
The discussion is intended for general educational purposes and is not tax, legal, or investment advice for any individual.
- Website: fitaxguy.com
- Book: “Solo 401k: The Solopreneur’s Retirement Account”
- Twitter: @SeanMoneyandTax
- 1:25 – Introduction
- 2:55 – The Most Important Change and The Best News
- 14:19 – More Roth Options
- 27:05 – The Backdoor Roths And Catch-Up Contributions
- 31:46 – New Options For 529’s
- 42:27 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance