Brad and Jonathan continue along their, “Financial Independence A to Z,” journey by examining savings rates and the many different ways it can be calculated! One of the pillars that sets the FI community apart is the emphasis on saving money in order to unlock more in your life. So, by having the right tools needed to calculate your savings rate, you can begin to make adjustments and hopefully start the process of taking back your time!
0:59 – Introductions
4:30 – Ben’s Question
7:41 – How Do You Calculate Your Savings Rate?
12:00 – Why Savings Rate Is Important
18:25 – Nuances In Saving
21:55 – Calculation Example
28:15 – Scenario Three
37:57 – Looking At The Nuances
46:56 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Conversation
The subject matter of this episode was expanded out in our blog post Calculating Your Savings Rate… And Why It’s Important. It includes lots of example calculations, a downloadable worksheet, an interactive calculator and more. Don’t miss out out on this instructive resource.
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new sidehustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cellphone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile