- 3 cups fresh basil (about 30-40 leaves)
- ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded (or from a rotisserie chicken)
- 12 oz farfalle pasta
- Combine 3 cups fresh basil , ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese, ½ cup walnuts , ½ cup olive oil , 2 cloves garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a food processor to make your pesto sauce. Set aside.
- Cook 12 oz farfalle pasta as directed. When finished cooking, reserve 1 cup of the starchy pasta water. Drain pasta, return to pot, stir in 2 cups cooked chicken and about 1 cup pesto sauce (not an exact amount – see how much you think you need). Add in some pasta water to loosen a little. Add more pesto sauce or pasta water as needed after mixing for a minute. Serve and enjoy!