- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (or ginger paste)
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 scallions minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (optional, makes it more tangy)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional, helps the sauce thicken)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1½ pounds ground chicken or turkey can be used
- ½ cup peanuts chopped
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 12 lettuce leaves (romaine, Boston, or iceberg)
- ¼ cup cilantro fresh, for topping
- 4 green onions
- ½ cup Peanuts lightly salted for topping
- Soak the rice noodles in a large bowl of water. While the noodles are softening make your Sauce/Marinade. When the noodles are softened, drain and rinse with cold water. Cut into small pieces.
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour about 3/4 of the sauce into a bowl with the ground chicken and peanuts. Stir to combine – marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the meat and peanut mixture and sauté for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry for another 5 minutes or until soft, adding a splash of water, oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, or lime juice to moisten the pan as you see fit.
- Remove from heat, scoop mixture into lettuce leaves, top with cilantro, green onions, peanuts, and the reserved sauce.