In this episode: money against mindset, fear setting, FI events, gap years, slow travel, and living intentionally.
Everyone’s relationship with money is different, just as everyone’s path to FI looks different, but how do you unlearn behaviors that could be holding you back? This week we are joined by Amy Minkley to discuss how finding FI changed her life while abroad and the importance of unlearning and breaking free of internalized stress when it comes to money. A large part of the FI journey is implementing new habits and the lessons you pick up along the way. However, an even larger and sometimes harder part of this journey requires you to be introspective and take an honest look at your relationship with money. While you can’t go back and change the past, the beauty of FI is that you learn to make changes to ensure the future you want! No matter what your background, the path to FI is one that benefits everyone because it not only gives you control of your life but allows for independence to create the future you desire. So while it may feel comfortable to approach this journey by thinking of all the ways things can go wrong, remember to think of all the ways things can go right!
- 1:01 – Introduction
- 4:29 – How Amy Found FI
- 8:47 – Money Against Mindset
- 16:24 – Making The Tough But Right Choices For You
- 22:18 – International Teaching
- 27:43 – Fear Setting
- 36:20 – Living Intentionally
- 42:25 – FI Events
- 46:56 – Gap Years And Slow Travel
- 52:19 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- EconoME Conference
- Exploring International Teaching Opportunities | Scott & Rob | ChooseFI Ep. 109
- “Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence” by Vicki Robin, Joe Dominguez, and Mr Money Mustache
- The Milestones Of FI | ChooseFI Ep. 32
- Camp Mustache
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance