In this episode: the power of the outside, overcoming adversity, the value of streaks, building momentum, and van life.
As we’ve discussed many times on our show, creating and maintaining habits is an integral part of the FI journey. It requires you to prioritize what you value and can lead to success in many areas of your life. However, while we talk about the success that habits can lead to, sometimes we overlook that starting a habit can be stressful or overwhelming. This week we are joined by Gregg from Outside 365 to discuss what your life can look like when you align with your habits, and the momentum and value that can be found when you start to prioritize them a little bit each day. While it may seem overwhelming at times to start something new, whether it’s saving more and spending less, or even just picking up a new hobby, you may find that the more you do it, the easier it comes! Remember, while you may feel a sense of urgency to instill habits in your life, remember to be patient, and take it a day at a time!
- Website: outside365.blog
- 1:13 – Introduction
- 7:51 – The Power of Outside
- 12:53 – Overcoming Adversity
- 17:02 – Building Momentum
- 22:46 – Truly Being In Nature
- 28:52 – Plausible Outside Experiences
- 33:25 – The Value of Streaks
- 37:20 – Van Life
- 47:37 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
- “The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative” by Florence Williams
- “Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones” by James Clear
- “Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals” by Oliver Burkeman
- “Stolen Focus: Why You Can’t Pay Attention–and How to Think Deeply Again” by Johann Hari
- Huberman Lab Podcast
- Dave and Matt Vans