Lemon ChickenCourse: Recipe
This is my mom’s recipe that she’s been making for years. I think it’s something she got from someone in her family so there is no one specifically who gets credit for this recipe. It’s simple and easy and doesn’t require many ingredients.
1/2 cup flour
1 TSP pepper
1 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breast
1 stick butter
2 cups chicken broth (1 use bouillon to make my own broth)
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup lemon juice (vary this based on how lemony you like it)
2-3 cups cooked white rice, for serving
- Mix flour & pepper together. Cut chicken into one-inch squares and coat in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once it is melted, add chicken pieces to the pan. Cook one side until chicken is golden brown on the outside. Then flip each piece over to brown the other side.
- After chicken is browned, add broth. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add wine & lemon juice and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over rice & enjoy.
Total Cost of Meal
- • $3 1.5 lb boneless chicken breast
• $1 Wine, lemon juice, broth
• $1 Rice
• $0.75 Stick of butter, flour, pepper
$ 5.75 Total