Download your Geo-Arbitrage Tax Guide here
- Website: Greenback Expat Tax Services
What You’ll Get Out Of Today’s Show
- The difference between foreign earned income exclusion and foreign tax credit and how to qualify for each, and how US citizens and tax residents can use them to save thousands of dollars every year.
- How the foreign earned income exclusion can be used to step up the cost basis for long term investments through capital gains harvesting.
- Reporting requirements for expats banking overseas and best practices to avoid many of the issues and make life easier.
- Why expats should consider establishing residency in a zero-tax state before moving overseas and which state is the easiest to establish residency in.
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Conversation
- IRS Publication 54, Tax Guide for US Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad
- ChooseFI Ep 18 Go Curry Cracker | Capital Gains, Losses and the Roth Conversion Ladder
- Choose FI Ep 18R | Capital Gains Harvesting | Never Pay Taxes Again
- ChooseFI Expats Facebook Group
- Antifragile: Things that Gain From Disorder by Nassem Nicolas Taleb
- The End of Jobs by Taylor Pearson
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Share FI by sending a friend “ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence“.