In this episode: resilience, making good choices, letting go of limiting beliefs, attracting the energy you put out, and winning at life!
What would you do if you were given a terminal cancer diagnosis? While it might not be the first thing that comes to mind, if you’re able, the Boyd Dunleavey option is to develop a new positive outlook on life and the energy your omitting into the world, win your fight with cancer, and then proceed to run 11 marathons. Bad news comes to every single one of us, but how we process and handle that news is entirely up to us! Choose to handle it the right way, move forward with your life, and prioritize the things that matter to you. Despite what you may have been told, you have no idea where it could lead you ten years down the road!
- Check out these sites to see if your someones much needed match!
- Two fantastic groups in the cancer community that Boyd loves and trusts!
- Connect With Boyd
- 1:22 – Introduction
- 2:49 – Choices Bearing Fruit/ Boyd’s Backstory
- 11:42 – Taking The Better Path
- 20:04 – The News That Changed Everything
- 24:36 – Resilience and Pivoting
- 29:41 – You Could Be Someones Match
- 34:20 – Attracting The Energy You Put Out
- 39:16 – The Places Your Energy Can Take You
- 47:27 – The Boston Marathon
- 51:07 – It’s a Choice to Make Good Choices/Ripple Effects
- 58:40 – Goal Setting, Financial Resilience, and Winning at Life!
- 68:34 – Let Go of Limiting Beliefs
- 71:00 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode
- “Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!” by Robert T Kiyosaki
- “Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant: Rich Dad’s Guide to Financial Freedom” by Robert T Kiyosake
- American Red Cross
- The Motley Fool
- Travel Rewards What Comes After Chase | Travel To Disney World For Nearly Free | ChooseFI Episode 31
- Step-By-Step Guide to a (Nearly) Free Disney Vacation (2022)
- Atomic Habits | James Clear | ChooseFI Episode 157
- The Student Loan Reset | The Student Loan Planner | ChooseFI Ep 391
- Boyd Meeting His Donor Nathan!
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cell phone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile