In this week’s episode, Brad and Jonathan dissect the idea of earning power being used as a weapon to combat inflation, and strategies you can implement to level up your income!
One of the best ways to reduce the impact inflation has on your life is to out-earn the inflation rate. While that solution can easily fall under the umbrella phrase of, “easier said than done,” there are actions you can take to make that process easier for yourself! Listen along as the guys discuss different strategies to approach raising your income and see if any of them can apply to you and your FI journey!
- 0:55 – Introductions and Season’s Change
- 5:37 – Times is a Resource
- 9:10 – Start With Spending
- 14:07 – College Cynicism
- 21:53 – The Career Freedom of FI
- 25:04 – Income Combatting Inflation
- 28:10 – Performance Reviews and Standing Out
- 36:15 – The Art of Salary Negotiation
- 43:00 – Influence
- 45:03 – The Script
- 51:31 – How Can I Improve This?
- 53:42 – Opportunity and Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Conversation
- Glide Path to Retirement During Uncertainty | ChooseFI Ep 377
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
- Early Retirement Extreme
- Career Hacking With ESI Money | ChooseFI Ep 23
- How to Negotiate Your Salary Without Burning Bridges | Financial Mechanic | ChooseFI Ep 211
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
- Salesforce: A Lucrative Career and No Degree or Tech Background Needed
If You Want To Support ChooseFI:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Track your personal finances with Personal Capital
- Compare, buy, and save big on insurance with Policygenius
- Keep learning or start a new sidehustle with one of our educational courses
- Slash your cellphone bill without sacrificing service with Mint Mobile