Interested in Early Retirement
Early Retirement should be attainable for everyone. Do you want to be financially independent in 5 years. Not sure where to start? These 20 websites will give you all the information you need. for free. This is a living list and will be subject to change as the quality of content available continues to grow.
The top 5 will remain mostly static but other contenders will be subject to competitive change. To make the list these Bloggers/Authors created an article or series of articles that crystallized a concept for me. Articles that I find the most useful focus on 1 of 5 concepts
- Reducing Expenses
- Increasing Tax efficiency
- Investment strategies
- Creating multiple income streams
- Travel Rewards
20. Cash Cow Couple
- Leverage the Roth IRA for your Childs College
- Help your child get rich by starting a Roth IRA
- How to Save Money on Groceries
- How to get more Chipotle
- Eat out for Cheap
- 5 Reasons I Love Frugality
- Introduction to Travel Rewards
- Tracking your Award Card Accounts
- How to have an Epic Yard Sale
- Christmas Shopping in July
Tailored to doctors and High-Income earners, the advice is well rounded and advanced
- Why I love the Roth IRA
- The Backdoor Roth IRA Tutorial
- Backdoor Roth IRA Presentation
- Should you make Roth or 401k Contributions
- How to get Rich by driving a $5000 car
- How to Buy a Car
- Multi-Generational Wealth Building
- Use your one time IRA to HSA conversion wisely
- Ten tax loopholes for active real estate investors/
- Our families favorite slow cooker recipes
- Trade School vs College
- The Emergency Food Fund
- Radically Cutting Food Expenses
- Whats in your pantry?
- Using a whiteboard to maximize efficiency
- Cheap and Easy Dinners
- Favorite Dirt Cheap Meals
17. Budget Bytes
Innovative and meticulous. When I started to focus on shrinking our food bill. I started doing searches on Pintrest for budget meals and these links kept showing up, all originating from this site. The author does the legwork so you can game the system of eating on a budget. It is so well done that several other meal planning sites frequently use her work to create their meal plans
16. Go Curry Cracker
Tax efficiency, travel rewards and financial independence. He has some great articles on Tax efficiency
15. Dave Ramsey
Dave Ramsey was one of the original get out of debt warriors, His baby steps are priceless and crystallized the basic process. His media empire has been built around radio, TV and mass marketed classes. His messaging can be one-dimensional and while a great starting place, I look to other sources once you are out of debt. I think anyone that needs to be woken up as to the dangers of consumer debt should get a healthy dose of Dave Ramsey.
He has 2 calculators on his webpage which are the best on the internet
He also has a phenomenal video on how to Drive Free Cars for Life which can help open up your eyes to the possibilities of passive income
- Free Money This article takes a complicated concept and makes it look easy. Every DIY tax planner should start with this template and build out
- We did a podcast with him, which you can listen to here
Lots of great content, still sifting through all of the information
Building your brand, and business, affiliate marketing
If you don’t question your existence after reading this blog then you have no soul. Although no longer actively managed, Jacob forces you to take a second look and determine whether you own your stuff or your stuff own you.
Afford Anything, a blog warrior, fearless real estate investor, great writing style
- Principle 1
- What Would You Do With a Million Dollars?
- Savings Snowball
- Stop Spending Habits
- The Cost/Benefit Analysis of Self Employment
- What To Do When the Market Falls
- When Broke People Get Money
- To Get Rich Focus On Whats Important
- How Can You Afford to Travel The World
- Repay Debt or Invest?
- How To Manage Your Time
- Investing 100% of my Income
- Should I invest in This House?
- Afford Anything but not Everything
- Why Dollar Cost Averaging Stinks
- Rental Property as Passive Income
I firmly believe that to win the game you need to know the rules and. To have an accountant that is focused on Financial independence is awesome
- Low income High Net Worth: The Best of Both Worlds This article crushes it on so many levels
- Legally Stop Paying Taxes
- Stealth Investing and Net Worth Accumulation
- Lessons Learned From Real Estate Investment
- Tips for Filing for an Extension on your Taxes
- Building your Business
- Retire Early with Rental Properties
- LLC vs S corp
Their podcast series is AMAZING! Starting with episode 1, every week I wanted to branch into a new type of real estate. hard hitting with practical advice and actionable tips
- Joshua Sheets is the long form creator of content in the personal finance realm. No one goes into more depth to explain content than he does. I have listened to many dozens of hours of content and he nails it.
MadFientist Has been curating content and creating tools for several years now. His podcast although sporadic are quality.
Big ERN over at Early Retirement now has written the Ultimate Guide to Safe Withdrawal Rates and this content when paired with the stock series is a 1-stop shop as you plan your Glidepath to the wealth preservation stage of life. ERN perfectly pairs the raw data with the personal aspect of finance in this can’t miss pillar content. 21 parts and counting
- Stock Series – it is the single best resource for a new investor interested in long term wealth creation
- Jim also wrote a book which you can find here
While he may not be the 1st blogger to focus on early retirement, he definitely redefined it and gave it a “contrarian” unshaved-facelift for the next generation. He has become the face of a movement and although I find it difficult to replicate his intensity, he certainly inspires me along with millions of others.