Lauren and Steven keys
What You'll Get Out Of Today's Show
- Steven and Lauren saved $100,000 in two years on entry-level salaries. Through a continuation of their college lifestyle, they were able to keep their expenses low and grow their savings quickly.
- After building a substantial amount of savings, they decided to take a six-month honeymoon to Hawaii. Although they did work just enough to cover their expenses, they did not deplete their nest egg.
- For a few years, the couple continued to save their larger incomes. But eventually, they decided to take another break. This time they decided to visit all of the national parks in the United States over the course of several months.
- Throughout their journey, the couple has enjoyed working together towards shared goals. With goals in their life, they feel like a happier team that is challenging themselves every day.
**Correction** In the interview, Steven and Lauren mentioned their expenses in college were $300 per month when they should have said $300 per week.
Resources Mentioned In Today's Conversation
- The Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program
- Lauren and Steve's detailed savings plan
- Save 20% on Grammarly
- ChooseFI's 3 Card Cash Back Strategy
- Mr. Money Mustache
- Planet Fitness
- ChooseFI's FREE travel course
- ChooseFI Episode 100