Mint Mobile Review 2020: Great savings, Good service, Best Value

With so many cell service providers, it's becoming harder and harder to choose the one that not only fits your needs, but doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. Enter Mint Mobile. Mint Mobile costs you as little as $15/month for a 3GB, 4G cell phone plan for one line. Compare that to the average cell phone bill in the US, which is right around $63/month for one line,

Read More »
How to Start a Podcast

How to Start a Podcast

The Step-by-Step Guide How to Start a Podcast Welcome Side Hustlers. If you're checking out this article because of the interview, I did on the Side Hustle Nation show, I have broken down my gear list by budget and expected use case. This article will answer most of 80% of your podcasting questions. For the other 20%? Join me for a free “Ask Me Anything” Live Event! Sign Up Now!

Read More »
What is the rule of 55?

What Is The Rule Of 55?

The goal of saving for retirement means just what it says: you're saving the money that you'll need to live on once you retire. Many people save their money through their employers' 401(k) program. Because that money is supposed to be used later in your life, which is typically when people retire, there is a 10% penalty imposed on you if you withdraw it prior to age 59 1/2. However,

Read More »
The Ins And Outs Of DSST Exams: How To Test Out Of College Courses

The Ins And Outs Of DSST Exams: How To Test Out Of College Courses

According to a 2019 report on college trends by CollegeBoard, the average annual tuition cost in 2019-2020 for public in-state universities was $10,440. And the average tuition for private universities was a whopping $36,880 per year. So in order to get a four-year degree, your total cost of education will land somewhere between $41,000 to $147,000. But what if you could earn some of your necessary college credits before you

Read More »
How To Lower Your Cell Phone Bill

How To Lower Your Cell Phone Bill

When the bill for your phone starts to creep up as they often do, knowing how to lower your cell phone bill is a critical part of sticking to your budget. The good news is that it’s possible to save money both on your cell phone and on your cell phone bill without giving up much, if any, of the value you receive from your cell phone service. Table Of

Read More »
How To Start A Blog: A Complete Step-By-Step Guide

How To Start A Blog: A Complete Step-By-Step Guide

Whether you're new on the journey to Financial Independence or you've been traveling the path for years, you likely know that one of the staples of FI is establishing a side hustle. A good one brings in extra income that you can save in order to reach your money goals earlier. It can also bulk up your emergency fund. A blog is one of the more promising money-making side hustles

Read More »

Your Financial Resilience Toolkit

Affiliate Disclaimer

ChooseFI seeks to uncover helpful services that help you be financially resilient. However, we may receive compensation, at no cost to you, from the issuers of some products mentioned in this article, including from CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Opinions are the author's alone, and this content has not been provided by, reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of these entities. See our disclosures for more info.

Save on Existing Loans

Save On Living Expenses

Save & Invest

Financial Emergency Prep