Brad and Jonathan talk about their experiences with W2 jobs and building side hustles, Jose shares his own side hustle tip, and Alan and Tallis wrap up the 4-part Side Hustle Coaching Series.
- Brad and Jonathan are jumping into planned spontaneity.
- Do your actions align with your values?
- Brad recounts how the accounting firm he worked for right after college, one of the biggest in the U.S. at the time, folded and within 9 months no longer existed.
- W2 jobs aren’t all that risk-free after all.
- Having a side hustle is about diversification.
- Jonathan talks about how Dani is building an audiobook side hustle, using some of the techniques and strategies that Nick Loper talked about in Monday’s episode.
- Willingness to pivot your side hustle idea gives you a better chance at building a side hustle that actually works.
- Voicemail from Jose with a side hustle tip from Task Rabbit – sign up to help others with random tasks, and add a little extra cash to your pocket.
- Brad’s opting to rent a car through Turo , through which customers rent someone’s personal car, similar to AirBnB.
Side Hustle Coaching Call
- Episodes to review: Episode 30, Episode 56 (Part 1), Episode 77R (Part 2), Episode 85R (Part 3)
- Tallis reviews how her initial cold calls, starting from further away geographically and becoming increasingly local as she refined her sales pitch.
- Tallis has 4 dance classes she’ll be teaching soon!
- Tracking results and feedback from the start of your business is important.
- Measuring results, and using valid tools respected within the medical community will be important to Tallis’ business.
- Where does Tallis want her business to go in the next 2 years?
- Keep pressing forward – it’s impossible to know how the business might grow, but Tallis is building entrepreneurial skills and opening options for her future.