Science-fiction author M.K. Williams talks about her journey toward financial independence, the decisions she’s made along the way, and self-publishing her first three novels.
- How did Mary Kate and her husband get started on their path to financial independence?
- What adjustments did they make while sticking close to the Early Retirement Extreme plan, and why did they choose to make those decisions?
- How did MK’s house hack work?
- What did MK and her husband do with their income after they had paid off their mortgage and student account?
- Where did MK and Jason keep their savings?
- What suggestions does MK have for listeners?
- Don’t let assumptions of your community hold you back.
- How much did MK save by not having a car, and walking to work?
- What choices did MK make to save money during college and keep her student debt low?
- High school students: Spend more time writing scholarship essays.
- What gift did MK’s parents give her, in regards to student loans, that helped her pay off her loans quicker?
- How did Jason’s college experience differ?
- What is MK’s side hustle and how did she get started?
- Why did MK decide to self-publish?
- What advantages does a traditional publishing company have?
- How does someone get access to MK’s book?
- What does marketing a self-published book involve? Check out MK’s article about self-publishing.
- What is MK’s preference: digital, paperback or audiobook?
- How does MK get reviews?
- Is writing financially profitable yet, and what is the ultimate goal?
- How many books would it take to fully fund MK’s lifestyle?
- What is MK’s perspective on grammar, and how has she worked to improve her writing?
Enemies of Peace – digital book
Enemies of Peace – audio book
Sell your crap. Pay your debt. Do what you love. – Adam Baker