Conversation about teaching your children to save and invest, healthcare options, and an argument in favor of home gardening and composting.
- Brad contemplates applying for “Survivor”.
- Review of Monday’s episode with Khai from AlabaMalaysia.
- How does Jonathan use the idea of “anchoring” in his own life: setting big goals so that even if he misses, good things still happen?
- Brad and Jonathan talk about how they would set little, achievable goals, to reach a larger, long-term goal.
- Jonathan talks about answering the question “What do you do?”, with comments from the Facebook group.
- How does Brad have bank account and investment accounts set up for his children?
- Is there a better way to have those accounts set up?
- Blain, from the Facebook group, wonders whether his son should start investing with a Vanguard account, or an M1 account?
- Contributions made to a Roth can be withdrawn penalty free.
- What are the best ways to support your children and help them save money, as 2nd generation FI?
- Voicemail from Jacqueline asking about financial education apps for youth.
- “7 Fun Money Apps for Kids” from U.S. News
- How important is it to teach your children about not only budgeting to save money, but to be generous?
- What is Brad considering in regards to his family’s health insurance: HSA, health share, or considering health insurance for a small business?
- What are some complications with a health share?
- Email from Karen, about the value of gardening and composting.
- Is composting addicting?
- Jonathan tries to convince Brad that gardening and compositing is simple enough to start now.
- Leave a ChooseFI review to enter the drawing for a ticket to CampFI in Joshua Tree, or to receive a book.
Thank you for being a part of the ChooseFI community! ? If you want to support us, here are some easy ways:
1) Leave an iTunes review: http://www.choosefi.com/itunes
2) Use our page to sign up for travel credit cards
Note: We may receive a commission if you are approved for cards on this page
3) Most importantly, find your friends, coworkers, and family members who may be open to this message and tell them about the podcast! (Episode 21 is a great starting place)
As Jonathan would say, “The FIRE is spreading my friends!”