This content may contain affiliate links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers from our partners. See our disclosures for more info.
Updates from Brad and Jonathan, review of Vickie Robin’s episode, discussion of how ChooseFI aims to handle politics, and more updates from the ChooseFI community.
Notes from the show:
- Brad is moving houses, making good community a priority in his family’s life.
- CampFi MidAtlantic this weekend is Virginia this weekend, but there’s two more this year: Aug. 3-6 in Joshua Tree, Calif., Sept 7-10 in Little Rock, Ark. More info here: CampFi.
- Jonathan started Skinny Waste, Fat Wallet. First episode is up on YouTube. www.choosefi.tv.
- Review of Vickie Robin’s episode.
- Brad and Jonathan’s thoughts about “making a dime” and “real hourly wage”.
- Everything you buy beyond “enough” is just clutter.
- Can people get rich pinching pennies?
- Brad is coming face-to-face with his family’s clutter as he’s packing up his house.
- Brad has more than 70 library books in his house right now!
- Jonathan wonders how we can better manage our society’s waste problems?
- ChooseFI has always been, and continues to be, apolitical – the podcast is about finding common ground.
- Brad is really excited about how the ChooseFI community responded to Vicki Robin’s podcast.
- Jonathan questions Vicki’s suggestion about free college.
- Is a bachelor’s degree becoming the new high school diploma?
- Should Vicki’s “real hourly wage” include the cost of education and the age at which someone is making their wage?
- Brad talks about how we can find common ground trying to solve problems.
- Kevin, from the ChooseFI community, will be hosting a webinar about healthcare at 6 p.m. (MST) on Saturday, April 14. Max 50 people. Sign up here: Kevin’s Healthcare Webinar.
- Wendy and her husband made $86,000 in gains in just 10 months. Biggest change: grocery shopping at Aldi’s.
- Is it possible to spend more than $100 at Aldi’s?
- ChooseFI-er Brad emails about how travel hacking helped his family cover medical care costs and will help him spend quality time with his son.
- ChooseFI podcast is even easier to access now, having been added to Amazon’s Alexa devices in Canada, Australia, India and the U.K. Access the podcast by saying “Alexa, start ChooseFI”.
Links from this episode:
Wendy’s Blog: Girl.Fi.Day
Thank you for being a part of the ChooseFI community! 🙂 If you want to support us, here are some easy ways:
1) Leave an iTunes review: http://www.choosefi.com/itunes
2) Use our page to sign up for travel credit cards
Note: We may receive a commission if you are approved for cards on this page
3) Most importantly, find your friends, coworkers, and family members who may be open to this message and tell them about the podcast! (Episode 21 is a great starting place)
As Jonathan would say, “The FIRE is spreading my friends!”