This content may contain affiliate links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers from our partners. See our disclosures for more info.
In the Friday Roundup we discuss our big takeaway from Episode 49: The Aggregation of Marginal Gains. Plus, upcoming plans for the ChooseFI website, a FI Festival and local meetups.
In Today’s Podcast we cover:
- A review of Episode 49 with Alan Donegan and Barney from The Escape Artist
- The growth of the FI community throughout the US and now the world
- Jonathan just returned from his 2 week trip to South Africa with his family
- How did Jonathan fare with his use of electronics on his trip?
- Jonathan used travel rewards points to book his flights for free and he stayed with family so his entire trip was free
- Brad’s upcoming travel for summer 2018 to Europe where he used travel rewards points and then his trip to Santiago, Chile for 2019
- The power of the Aggregation of Marginal Gains and how important it is for the FI journey
- How small examples can make a huge difference over time
- We were voted the #1 most popular Personal Finance Podcast at Rockstar Finance
- The benefits of fasting and why Jonathan does multi-day fasts
- The spreading of the FI message throughout the UK and how we’ve seen a significant number of people in our ChooseFI community
- The important of local groups and how we’re going to do everything we can to facilitate local ChooseFI groups throughout the US
- How we can all benefit from local meetup groups of like-minded people
- How the FIRE really is spreading and how we want to help grow the community
- A future FI Festival as a large-scale FI meetup event
- The Hall of FI idea that Jonathan wants to see as a featured component of a FI Festival
- People connect with stories and that’s what makes a successful blog and podcast
- We are looking for writers to tell their stories at the ChooseFI website as full contributors to the site
- Announcement: Joel from FI 180 is our first ChooseFI blogger
- Voicemail from Joel announcing that he left his job!
- Upcoming episodes on ChooseFI
- Itunes reviews and book giveaways
Links from the show: