This content may contain affiliate links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers from our partners. See our disclosures for more info.
In today’s Friday Roundup we discuss our takeaways from Episode 40 with Noah and Becky from Money Metagame, plus voicemails from the ChooseFI community and our in-house expert Keith from the Wealthy Accountant.
In Today’s Podcast we cover:
- Discussion of Episode 40 with Noah and Becky from Money Metagame about the Gap Year
- Jonathan took action and followed Geoff’s advice to start culling his closet and decluttering his life
- Jonathan is struggling with how to categorize and track his donations
- For tax purposes you definitely do want to track your noncash donations
- It’s always easier to track things along the way as opposed to doing it all at the end of the year
- How is Jonathan mentally approaching the process of decluttering his life?
- How Brad would approach cleaning out closets by making a game out of it
- Noah and Becky found FI at a young age and incredibly have not made any major financial mistakes in their lives
- You have more and more power in your life as you go along your FI path and reach your Milestones of FI. It isn’t an all or nothing thing.
- Becky realized she was getting burned out and was able to make a decision to leave her job based on a position of strength
- Becky and Noah have no fear moving forward and that is incredibly inspiring
- You don’t have to maximize every dollar but can focus on what brings you happiness
- How a ChooseFI app would add value to the community and an ask whether this would provide people value
- Announcement of the two finalists for the Startup Business Competition with Alan Donegan: Rachel and Tallis
- Discussion of the phrase ‘Side Hustle’ and how Brad hasn’t liked that phrase
- Voicemail from Alex with a question for Keith from the Wealth Accountant on retirement plans available to self-employed individuals
- Response voicemail from Keith from the Wealthy Accountant
- Life hack from Noah from Money Metagame on how to save on movie tickets
- Voicemail from Nicholas about the positive changes he’s made in his life in the last 5+ weeks since he found ChooseFI
- Discussion about the value you receive from cards on an ongoing basis
- Itunes review for the winner of the book drawing
Links from the show: