In today’s Friday Roundup we discuss our takeaways from Episode 40 with Noah and Becky from Money Metagame, plus voicemails from the ChooseFI community and our in-house expert Keith from the Wealthy Accountant.
In Today’s Podcast we cover:
- Discussion of Episode 40 with Noah and Becky from Money Metagame about the Gap Year
- Jonathan took action and followed Geoff’s advice to start culling his closet and decluttering his life
- Jonathan is struggling with how to categorize and track his donations
- For tax purposes you definitely do want to track your noncash donations
- It’s always easier to track things along the way as opposed to doing it all at the end of the year
- How is Jonathan mentally approaching the process of decluttering his life?
- How Brad would approach cleaning out closets by making a game out of it
- Noah and Becky found FI at a young age and incredibly have not made any major financial mistakes in their lives
- You have more and more power in your life as you go along your FI path and reach your Milestones of FI. It isn’t an all or nothing thing.
- Becky realized she was getting burned out and was able to make a decision to leave her job based on a position of strength
- Becky and Noah have no fear moving forward and that is incredibly inspiring
- You don’t have to maximize every dollar but can focus on what brings you happiness
- How a ChooseFI app would add value to the community and an ask whether this would provide people value
- Announcement of the two finalists for the Startup Business Competition with Alan Donegan: Rachel and Tallis
- Discussion of the phrase ‘Side Hustle’ and how Brad hasn’t liked that phrase
- Voicemail from Alex with a question for Keith from the Wealth Accountant on retirement plans available to self-employed individuals
- Response voicemail from Keith from the Wealthy Accountant
- Life hack from Noah from Money Metagame on how to save on movie tickets
- Voicemail from Nicholas about the positive changes he’s made in his life in the last 5+ weeks since he found ChooseFI
- Discussion about the value you receive from cards on an ongoing basis
- Itunes review for the winner of the book drawing
Links from the show: