This content may contain affiliate links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers from our partners. See our disclosures for more info.
In today’s Friday Roundup we discuss travel rewards, flipping holidays upside down, buying presents, the upcoming FI Documentary and much more.
In Today’s Podcast we cover:
- Submit your applications for the contest to win a one-on-one business coaching relationship with Alan Donegan from PopUp Business School
- Brad’s slow travel vacation through New York State this August
- How we’ll publish episodes while on vacation and living a FI lifestyle
- Discussion of Episode 31 on travel rewards
- What to do with your strategy after Chase cards
- Clarification of Brad’s past and future travel rewards strategy
- Noah’s feedback about an alternate option for staying under the Chase 5/24 rule
- Feedback from the audience: Pastor FI on how he switches Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
- Feedback from Frank on not doing things on holidays or other busy times. Don’t wait in line “with the lemmings”
- If you’re busy all the time, you need to come up with strategies to make your life better
- How Jonathan feels that buying cards for holidays are a terrible waste of money
- Brad and Laura don’t exchange presents for any holidays/birthdays/etc.
- Jonathan’s spending habits for presents for his friends and family
- How essential the concept of progress is in the pursuit of FI and the pursuit of happiness
- Voicemail from Scott Rieckens on how he’s starting a documentary about the FI community
- How we can grow the FI movement through this documentary and by spreading the word
- We’re going to have Scott on the podcast and he’s going to tell us about his Kickstarter campaign for the documentary
- Question from Bonnie about tax implications in early retirement
- Response from Keith from the Wealthy Accountant
- Follow up from Brad on action he took to sell his comic book collection
- Email from David how he wants to hire Jonathan’s wife Dani to do an audio book version of the book he intends to publish
- Frugal wins of the week from our community
- Can you share items with your neighbors and save money?
- Itunes reviews and book giveaway
Links from the show: