Learn how to Travel to Disney for Free. If you focus on these Disney Credit Cards you can put together the family vacation of a lifetime and save upwards of $4000 on travel. This episode highlights which cards to work on after you’ve finished with the Chase credit cards plus whether you should focus on one trip or a general strategy.
In Today’s Podcast we cover:
- Part 2 of the travel rewards podcast series on where to go when you’re done with the Chase credit card options
- Does it make sense to go after cards for a particular trip like Walt Disney World or should you focus on Chase cards while you are under the “5/24 rule?”
- Brad and his wife Laura are both trying to get back under 5/24 and waiting to open up cards
- If you are doing this with a spouse you can realistically open 10 Chase credit cards (5 each)
- What cards would you get from other banks such as American Express, Citibank, Barclaycard and Capital One?
- American Express has a one bonus per card per lifetime rule
- Amex has a transferable points program called Membership Rewards that is a quality program (similar to Chase Ultimate Rewards)
- The transfer partners we like from Chase
- Why we like “fixed value” cards such as Arrival Plus and Venture
- To branch out beyond Chase cards or not?
Travel to Disney for Free?
- If you’re a member of the FI community it would be hard to ignore the Chase cards to focus on a specific trip like Disney. In fact it is relatively easy to Travel to Disney for nearly Free and depending on your travel goals you can delay it until you finish the Chase cards
- For people not aware of travel rewards, a “quick win” like booking the Disney Dolphin hotel is a great way to get huge value from your points
Is there a Disney Credit Card?
- Buying Disney tickets from Disney does not count as “travel” for credit cards, so you need to use Undercover Tourist (or aRes Travel for Disneyland)
- Orlando International Airport is a huge hub for Southwest, which is our favorite airline rewards program
- Southwest does not limit award ticket availability – it is just based on cash price
- You have a lot of flexibility with Southwest Airlines miles
- Flexibility will help you succeed with travel rewards
Links from the show:
- ChooseFI Credit Card Page
- Richmond Savers step-by-step guide to Disney World
- Disney Dolphin hotel
- Undercover Tourist Disney World tickets
- aResTravel Disneyland Tickets
What if I have a specific question about Travel Rewards?
If you really want to maximize your travel rewards check out ChooseFI’s free travel rewards course.