This is the Ultimate Guide to Travelling the World for Nearly Free. Brad shares a comprehensive strategy to that unlocks the world of Travel Rewards and destinations like Europe, Alaska, Hawaii, and Africa as well as Disney and Hotels.
- Why Jonathan started with travel rewards:
- Wife’s family in Zimbabwe: $6,000 in flights every two years
- What is this travel rewards strategy all about?
- Minimum spending requirement defined
- Options to meet the minimum spending requirement
- Return on investment: instead of 1.5% rewards, you can earn upwards of 33%
- Impact on credit score and Brad’s personal experience
- Is this strategy right for you?
- The Chase Gauntlet and why you want to focus on Chase cards first
- Where to start? Chase Ultimate Rewards
- How to earn the Southwest Companion Pass (and the value of the pass)
- Business credit cards
- Ultimate Rewards points and three ways to redeem them
- Jonathan’s trip to Zimbabwe: Helping him save $6k in 5 minutes
- How to search for flights at United’s website
- If this strategy can take Jonathan to Zimbabwe, it can take you anywhere!
- Other destinations with ‘sweet spot’ options: Costa Rica, Hawaii, Europe
- If you want to take 1-2 nearly free vacations per year, this strategy is right for you
Links from the show:
- ChooseFI credit cards page
- ChooseFI Travel Rewards Home page
- Travel Miles 101 podcast with Mad Fientist
- Andaz 5th Avenue hotel & Andaz Costa Rica hotel
Top Travel Rewards Offers
Top Travel Card
Ready to unlock a world of free travel? Start with the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
Details: $95 annual fee | Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Most Flexible Travel Card
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card can be used to offset almost any travel expense.
Details: $95 annual fee | Enjoy a one-time bonus of 75,000 Miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
Best Card for Side Hustlers and Business Owners
Side hustlers! With the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
you can new Cardmember Offer! Earn 100,000 bonus points.
Details: $95 annual fee | New Cardmember Offer! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $8,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.