This content may contain affiliate links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers from our partners. See our disclosures for more info.
In Today’s Podcast we cover:
- Why Jonathan started with travel rewards:
- Wife’s family in Zimbabwe: $6,000 in flights every two years
- What is this travel rewards strategy all about?
- Minimum spending requirement defined
- Options to meet minimum spending requirement
- Return on investment: instead of 1.5% rewards, you can earn upwards of 33%
- Impact on credit score and Brad’s personal experience
- Is this strategy right for you?
- The Chase Gauntlet and why you want to focus on Chase cards first
- Where to start? Chase Ultimate Rewards
- How to earn the Southwest Companion Pass (and the value of the pass)
- Business credit cards
- Ultimate Rewards points and three ways to redeem them
- Jonathan’s trip to Zimbabwe: Helping him save $6k in 5 minutes
- How to search for flights at United’s website
- If this strategy can take Jonathan to Zimbabwe, it can take you anywhere!
- Other destinations with ‘sweet spot’ options: Costa Rica, Hawaii, Europe
- If you want to take 1-2 nearly free vacations per year, this strategy is right for you
Links from the show:
- ChooseFI credit cards page
- ChooseFI Travel Rewards Home page
- Travel Miles 101 podcast with Mad Fientist
- Andaz 5th Avenue hotel & Andaz Costa Rica hotel