This is the Ultimate Guide to Travel the World for Nearly Free
- If you really want to maximize your travel rewards check out ChooseFI's free travel rewards course.
- Why Jonathan started with travel rewards:
- Wife’s family in Zimbabwe: $6,000 in flights every two years
- What is this travel rewards strategy all about?
- Minimum spending requirement defined
- Options to meet minimum spending requirement
- Return on investment: instead of 1.5% rewards, you can earn upwards of 33%
- Impact on credit score and Brad’s personal experience
- Is this strategy right for you?
- The Chase Gauntlet and why you want to focus on Chase cards first
- Where to start? Chase Ultimate Rewards
- How to earn the Southwest Companion Pass (and the value of the pass)
- Business credit cards
- Ultimate Rewards points and three ways to redeem them
- Jonathan’s trip to Zimbabwe: Helping him save $6k in 5 minutes
- How to search for flights at United’s website
- If this strategy can take Jonathan to Zimbabwe, it can take you anywhere!
- Other destinations with ‘sweet spot’ options: Costa Rica, Hawaii, Europe
- If you want to take 1-2 nearly free vacations per year, this strategy is right for you
Links from the show:
- ChooseFI credit cards page
- ChooseFI Travel Rewards Home page
- Travel Miles 101 podcast with Mad Fientist
- Andaz 5th Avenue hotel & Andaz Costa Rica hotel
If you really want to maximize your travel rewards check out ChooseFI's free travel rewards course.